Microsoft Word is an excellent piece of software for creating your own letters, invoices and even leaflets if you want to print on your printer at home.
Unfortunately it is not ideal for commercial print!
There are several reasons for this
- Black in Word is not actually Black in printing! That is because Word uses an RGB profile and in printing we use CMYK, this can cause problems as it causes the Black to print in all 4 colours.
- Word compresses all images to be 72dpi, in print we use 300dpi, which means your images may look pixelated and fuzzy.
- We may not have the same fonts on our computers as you have on yours, this can make the job look totally different!
- It is difficult to set up bleed and tick marks.
If you have something you have created in Word and wish to have it printed can we recommend the following:
- Print out a copy of what you want printed
- Supply us with your word file, so that we can extract your text
- Supply the images as separate files
We can then put it together for you following your design.
If you wish to create a PDF to send to us, our Studio can check it for you and output a proof for you to check.